Home Blog Wildlife Parents Help

The Chase

Jan 10, 2010
There is a large slender mongoose (Galerella sanguinea) that lives somewhere near my office.

Just the other day, it ran right inside! Immediately the dogs were chasing after it and it was trying to hide behind bookshelves and filing cabinets. My roommate, Cheri, and I started chasing after the mongoose, and we were luckily able to get it to run outside. The only problem was that the dogs chased after it outside and into the yard. I was able to grab one dog, named Finn, and Cheri ran after the other dog, named Isha. In fact, Cheri chased Isha all the way into a big cactus plant! The mongoose was able to get away from the dogs safely, but poor Cheri was covered in prickly little cactus hairs for the whole day!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Mongooses are awesome! I wish they lived where I live!! Sarah

    January 11, 2010 at 6:11 AM  

  2. Unknown said...

    oh no that little mongoose.i guess he needs to find a new warm and cozzy house to sleep in.hopefully not one with dogs, or the mongoose or the dog will get a dinner.(ooohhh nnnooo)

    February 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment